Sunday, July 22, 2007

before i leave

I feel like I have a lot to do before I leave. And things keep hindering me from doing them. One would say I'm allowing them to stop me. Another would say that they are there for a reason and a purpose that I yet don't know of. And yet another would say that I'm just being lazy and not doing my work. I would have to agree with the later. A part of me is gun ho about packing up and leaving, but there is this other side of me that is winning the war right at this every moment in time. That is the part of me that just wants to settle. The bad thing is I know that I have been call to more than to just settle . We all have if we believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. It is just some times we don't want to lean on Jesus for help, understanding, or wisdom in things. Because we think that we can do it on our own. And at that every moment we think that we end up settling. You may not always physically settle but you always spiritually settle for what you can humanly produce. Not really getting what was truly intended for you to have by Jesus. You also miss the opportunity for Jesus to be glorified and honored through your thoughts and actions. Jesus is so willing and longing to be our everything. I think that He waits, yearns, and longs for us to give our selves up, so He can come along side us to show His love to us and through us. So I guess all i can say is don't settle don't settle for the norm even though that is what our natural tenancy is to do. No i don't ask you. I beg you not to settle. Imagine your walk and the kingdom if you never settled again. What an amazing thing it would be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey brother Ken, I know what you're saying. I feel like that as I'm getting ready to go to Ethiopia in 5 days. This is my third time to Africa and it feels like I go through this sort of warfare before I go. I think I need to soak everyday and to pray alot. Cool to see you on here!