Monday, June 16, 2008

Mind Sets or Pride

Why do our mind sets hold us back from the truth? Why do we let an addiction become our identity? I ran into a man named James Friday night how kept believing he was an alcoholic even after he repented and renounced alcohol. Why do we who have these mind sets or addictions believe that is who we are? Are they not just something that we use to ease the pain or to coupe with a problem? I know that You are all powerful and nothing is bigger than You. But why dose what we think about our selves hold us? Why does it hold us from getting our healing or deliverance? Was there not true repentance? Was there not true surrender to You? Is our pride standing in the way of us receiving our gift of victory, freedom, and identity? Is it the pride of thinking that we can fix it on our own, or is it that we truly believe that we need these things? They only bring momentary satisfaction to ease the pain of not having Your love in every part of our life. Why do we use these tools of momentary satisfaction to hide our pain? Are we afraid to run to You? The one that drops every thing in less than a heart beat just to hear our heart’s cry. The One that knows all our needs before we do. Why do we let our pride get in the way of us receiving the cry of our heart, which is to have your Love manifest in our lives.

Papa help me to let You have every part of me. I know I will kick and scream. I know that I will try to in-force my free will. I know that here will be some discomfort in the proses. But it is all worth it. Every once of pain, every tear, and ever scarey moment of the Journey. Because I know that when I go through these things I become more like you, my light burns a little bit brighter, You get a little more glory, and the most important part is I get to see first hand Your heart for me and who You are. With out You in my life I’m nothing, but with You in my life there is nothing that can not be over come. I thank You for choosing me for this journey. Thank You for all Your love you so willing poor out on me. It means so much to me. My words don’t do it justice to how grateful I’m to have You as a Friend and as my Beloved. Thank You! Thank You! You truly are my everything.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Thought this blog was history, but here it is. I think when people choose the life they live and think that is all they are, even when they give their lives over to Jesus, they are deceived. They don't know better because that is all they know. They need to experience God in a way that will show them what He really is to them. People that know better are not surrendered and have pride like you say.
Keep blogging I love reading about the love of Jesus and your love for Him.